And because I'm a listy type person and everyone loves a top ten, here are my top ten reasons why you should come! Well....if you live somewhat nearby.
10. Did I mention this class was FREE? Because it is and people love free shizz!
9. Coming to this class is going to be fun! Because we'll be dancing, and dancing is FUN!
8. What other time is butt-shaking more sanctioned than at a belly dance class? And don't we need more sanctioned butt-shaking in this crazy, crazy world?
7. Dance! Dance! It's good for your heart! The more you move, the less you.... Nevermind.
6. Every time someone comes to my belly dance class, Florence and the Machine records a new song.
5. You get to hear me say things like "squeeze your glutes." And see me say that with a straight face.
4. For all of you writer types who get brilliant ideas while in the shower...did you know that belly dance class is the new shower? Also black is the new black.
3. Every time someone comes to my belly dance class, a vampire loses its sparkle.
2.Coming to my class makes you cool... Down! Because you'll do a cool down! Oh, I crack myself up!
1. Dancing, and dancing strongly, is one of the best expressions of Girl Power around. And these days, we need all the girl power we can get! GIRL POWER<---say it like a Spice Girl.
And here are the official details!
Conditioning and Toning: Fitness through Belly Dance
FREE INTRO CLASS Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 7:30 pm.
Weekly starting in May. Thursdays at 7:30 pm. Studio B.
A belly dance toning and conditioning class perfect for anyone looking to sculpt their body through the ancient art of Middle Eastern dance. Through belly dance we’ll do resistance training, strengthening and conditioning exercise. Perfect for belly dancers looking to intensify their workouts and anyone else interested in a more unique approach to fitness. All levels of experience welcome.
$15 Drop-in Rate
Shakti Yoga Class Cards can be used at this class
Frankie Diane Mallis has over ten years of experience in the study, training and performing of belly dance, specializing in tribal fusion. She performs regularly across the tri-state area and hosts the monthly Tribal Expo show the first Tuesday of each month at The Fig Cafe.