I'm done. I'm crying. And I'm done. I revised and rewrote an ending that made me feel proud to write the words "The End" at the bottom.
Now all I have to do is go through with line edits and touch up a few places that my gammas and CPs have pointed out to me. But this is it. This is my novel. I am going to be querying by the end of the month (just in time for my birthday, which is March 2nd --FYI--the same as Dr. Seuss).
I'm getting a little ahead of myself here, but let's check out the score.
6: Years since I had the dream that inspired this story
2.5: Years that I've been actively drafting, writing, rewriting, cutting and writing the book
50: Times I wrote the first chapter or started a new draft or version of the story
6: Weeks it took me to finally write the right draft, the version of the story that was the ONE!
6: Months it took me to revise every single chapter of The Draft (at least once, some chapters have had multiple treatments)
9: Drafts it took to me to compile and perfect my query letter.
5: Titles I seriously considered before settling on Stolen (at least that's the title for now, hehe)
470: Pages of Stolen
136,943: Words in Stolen (I know scary!)
Infinite: The feeling I have right now that I wrote the best story I could write (plus one more revision and line edits).
Here's the song I'm listening to, which shares my book's namesake and is one of the bonus tracks on my playlist:-)