First of all I had to do a 9-5 type of day. You know how I'm like a psych professor now and stuff? (That last sentence totally makes me sound intelligent and mature enough to be one, but anyway...)
Today I had do orientation which went from 8 in the morning until about 3. Ok so 8-3 is not 9-5 but details, details. The point is I was forced to spend an inordinate amount of time away from my lap top and internet access- a VERY long time.
And you know what happened while I'm away for an almost close to full day of work?
Someone hacked into my twitter account and spammed everybody!
See! This is why I can't do 9-5--clearly it's a sign from the universe that I am not meant to ever work 9-5 in a 9-5 setting (you know I sometimes write 9-9 but the point is being away from my laptop and writing and blogging and twittering). So ok Universe, I heard you loud and clear, thanks for the message, I'm totally listening to you and taking your advice, it's all good! You don't want me to work 9-5? Ok I totally won't. I swear
So anyway after I finally reunited with my laptop I was able to address all of the twitter shenanigans. Sorry again to any of my followers who also follow me here!
Shannon sent me chapter 5 edits today, EEEEEEEKKKKKKKk!!! Deep, deep, breathes. She also sent me some of her own commented-on edits to prove to me that she is not some super ninja demi-goddess genius of revisions. Whatever! I haven't opened the document yet because I just don't believe her. Lies, lies-she is a genius, breathe deeply, lies. Ok I will totally open it, but not until I finish grading papers. Aaaaahh!!
I so do not like grading papers. Ugh! They are ruining my night.
And my baby sister is here! So of course I needed to spend time with her.
Unfortunately I'm just not going to be my usual awesome super hero self until tomorrow afternoon-hate how that whole thing about having to work and then grade papers gets in the way of writing, grrrrr!
But....my WIP did get some action today anyway--just not from me. Cheater.
Let's track the things that my WIP did or had done to it today while I was busy being an adult and my twitter account got hacked:
1)It got ready by Shannon and she sent me edits on chapter 5
2) Geoff is now reading the beta edition of the WIP and so far he likes and says things look better!
3) Asha one of my college roommates read the first 10 chapters of the WIP (in record time) and live g-chatted with me as she did and her commentary was hilarious. She'd send me these like two word comments followed by a ton of exclamation marks interspersed with "OMG" and "I'm going to faint." The best thing was I always knew EXACTLY what part she was at and exactly what she was thinking from just two words. But that's probably because we know each other so well. She was laughing a lot at a few things that if you went to college with me and understood the very bleak refernece would crack you up.
SO although I could not physically work on my WIP, my WIP is still getting action!
And now I want to leave you with 3 more fun and exciting things that have NOTHING to do with my WIP at all!
1) Cheryl Klein (who is awesome) just posted this link to a really funny blog about writing really badly well! Check it out.
2) I found this HILARIOUS recap of Twilight. It's the funniest thing I've read since Cleolinda and Growing up Cullen. Don't read this anywhere that you are supposed to be quiet. Like a library. Librarians will frown down upon you for laughing too loud in the restricted section and it will inhibit the enjoyment you recieve while reading.
3) SUPER DUPER Congrats are in order for my favorite pair of sisters (after my own), after I screamed when I saw this little blurby blurb in my pub deals email. Better yet, its was first in the list!!
CHILDREN'S: YOUNG ADULT
Lisa Roecker and Laura Roecker's A Kate Lowry Mystery: THE HAUNTING OF PEMBERLY BROWN, a quick-witted mystery starring a private-school sleuth with attitude and pearls, who receives an email from her dead best friend, to Daniel Ehrenhaft at Sourcebooks, for publication in Spring 2011, by Catherine Drayton at Inkwell Management (NA).
Whoooo!!!! Congrats LiLa!!!! Head on over to Lisa and Laura Write and celebrate!
Alright, papers here I come and I will have revisions done tomorrow!