After a pretty awesome meeting with the FNC yesterday-small fun tidbit about our meeting. We sat at a table next to a high school English teacher grading papers who came over to tell us how much she enjoyed listening to us discuss our work with each other so passionately and that she kept hoping we were doing this for fun and not for a class. It was really nice to hear how much she appreciated that and that she hoped her students would turn out the same way-so hello to you if you are reading, it was nice meeting you:)- anyway we discussed how chapter one has been giving me some problems.
For a while I've known it was problematic and I just had gotten to a point where I didn't even know what to do to fix it. Chapter one you have plagued me in many incarnations for a very long time. But finally, the FNC made a suggestion that I really liked and I went ahead and did it and now I think it really works. Of course I am free to change my mind and the FNC has yet to see the result and give a verdict, but today I'm pretty happy.
I went about making a few other changes and really I'm loving the first quarter of my book right now. And finally finally finally, after like a million set backs and freak outs and meltdowns, I revised chapter 7. Wooo!
So here's some stats for you:
Chapters Revised: 7
Chapters Remaining: 15
Total Word Count: 146, 459
Total Page Count: 493....scary!!!
On the downside, I totally feel all flu-ey. Ick. But at least my chapters kick butt. I think I may even post an excerpt tomorrow...if I'm feeling brave...that or bake chocolate pumpkin cupcakes. Maybe I'll do both.